Drinking Water Treatment Systems
The Carbon-Filtration.COM Web Family
Ad Space Available !- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Promote safe drinking water through increased awareness, public
education, and community outreach using web-based resources.
Is Your Drinking Water Safe ?
The Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 1999, is the main federal law that ensures the quality of Americans' drinking water. Under SDWA, EPA sets standards for drinking water quality and oversees the states, localities, and water suppliers who implement those standards.
If you use a Public Water or city water source, you are provided some protection under the SDWA. For More information, please visit - Drinking Water in My State. If you are not serviced by a Public or Community Water Supply, you may not be protected by the SDWA. If you are a private well owner, you are not covered by the SDWA. It is up to YOU to determine if you water is suitable for drinking.
A Few Drinking Water Facts
The goal of this website is not to alarm or scare YOU, but to suggest that you may need to take some action to ensure that YOU and Your Family Are Drinking Safe Water.
1. EPA and most States do not regulate Private Water Systems. They do not regulate well or spring construction and the are no programs to ensure the safety of you drinking water source.
2. A USGS Investigation found that over 70 % of Private Wells were contaminated. This contamination could result in acute and chronic health concerns.
3. Land-use changes and increase development and density have impacted water sources through the United States. This contamination include: microbiological agents, industrial chemicals, gasoline stations, illegal discharges, farming/ agricultural practice, improper waste disposal and more.
4.The New York Times, June 2, 1995: "More than 1 in 5 Americans unknowingly drink tap water polluted with feces, radiation or other contaminants...Nearly 1,000 deaths each year and at least 400,000 cases of waterborne illness may be attributed to contaminated water.
5.It has been estimated that 53 million Americans, about 20 percent of the population, have been drinking water that is contaminated with feces, radiation, lead, or other poisons. This is according to data collected by the United States Environmental Protection Agency in 1993-1994. This was a 7.6 million increase over 1992!
What Next ?
Get Your Water Tested
Community Water Source
If you get city water or serviced by a central water supply with over 25 users, you are probably covered under the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). I would suggest the following:
1. Request a Water Quality Report from Your Water Supplier-
look at the concentration of chlorine by-products. This may be elevated.
2. Visit the Water Quality in My State Website
3. Visit your water suppliers website or contact from more information about your water source.
4. Get online - ask questions. If you need help, please email Water Guy.
5. New Private Well Owner Education Guide
Private Water Source
If you own a well or spring, You are probably not protected by the SDWA. I would suggest the following:
1. Obtain information about your water source.
Consider purchasing our new educational guide.
2. Review Our Case Studies and Helpguide Page
3. Get your water tested - At least Annually and Certified Testing Facilities
4. Install the necessary water treatment systems. I have provided some online links for water treatment systems, but I always recommend a preliminary water test.
5. In a region with Natural Gas Drilling - Pennsylvania Private Well Owner Survey or for Outside of Pennsylvania.
6. New Portal - Private Well Owner Education - Private Well Owner.org
Online Water Treatment Equipment/ Sales
Our Water Filtration Store
Great Point of Use Filters, R/O Units, Softeners, Disinfection Systems,
Multimedia Systems and Much More - Great Filtered Water
Certified Drinking Water Systems
New Products - Shower Filter
New Products - Water Softeners
Or Check Out These Links
Get Your Water Tested
Drinking Water Education
Green Living- - New Website !
Issues Related to Natural Gas
Private Well Owner Survey
For Individuals Outside of Pennsylvania
Water Testing / Treatment Division
15 Hillcrest Drive
Dallas, PA 18612
Website Maintained by